GPay or GBuy ?

Written by on February 7, 2006 in Google Checkout - 7 Comments

We already talked about this before, the new google payment service is certainly coming very soon according to the Wall Street Journal which have spread the first news about this service. Recently there was another post in the journal titled PayPal Prepares For a Challenge From Google, the article is talking about Paypal and how they are trying to find informations about the new google payment service

Mr. Jordan, who is president of eBay Inc.’s PayPal online-payments unit, immediately asked employees to unearth information about the Google service. Soon, PayPal employees were monitoring blogs, news reports and other data for information about Google’s progress in payments. PayPal staffers even gleaned details about Google’s plans during regular calls to customers who were eager to dish about how Google had reached out to them.
“It’s a very legitimate competitive threat,” says Mr. Jordan, 47 years old. “It’s hard not to pay attention to what Google is doing.”

7 Comments on "GPay or GBuy ?"

1. Cheap Tanning Lotion August 10, 2006 at 3:27 am · Reply

It will be very interesting how this plays out. Paypal definately needs improvement in their service department. Sometimes I wonder if they are a scam. I say go google.

2. Women's Outreach, Inc. November 14, 2006 at 4:17 pm · Reply

GO GOOGLE!! I am so glad to see this Gpay. paypal has scammed money from us several times. We are non-profit, and the money we raise on ebay goes to homeless abused women and children. They have taken over $500.00 from us recently, paying someone we never heard of! BEWARE! They claim to guarantee their service, but we have not seen it. Please warn others. Thanks susan

3. Ian April 29, 2007 at 6:55 pm · Reply

Well, still no sign of gpay!
    I had heard a lot about this last year, however I came across a digitalpoint thread talking abou tthe gpay domain name, which has clearly been bought for other uses.
    I think there certainly does need to be a paypal alternative…maybe a slightly cheaper alternative.
    I do also feel that the only people that can provide a service people will TRUST, is google…due to their size!
    I am waiting for G to pull their finger out, a roll on gpay/gbuy ;)

4. hussein algumbassi September 5, 2007 at 12:46 am · Reply

It is good news, papal over charging us.
    google has change my life iam making I wonderful income using google adword and I am using google check out to charge my clients is almost free if you use google adwords.
    I am sure Gpay will be amazing product for every one, can’t wait.
    On the other hand is good to have more than one option.
    bye bye paypal scam era is gone.
    Hussein AlGumbassi
    Sana

5. claudio cannella September 6, 2007 at 2:32 pm · Reply

they asked patent that’s why all people knew it by rumor but they didn’t put it out
    it may well be cheaper than paypal , but the diffusion won’t be big even from that source, say eg worldpay exists since 2002 at least and still it has no diffusion

6. Kenneth September 27, 2007 at 11:13 pm · Reply

Just wonder, what do you all think this will happens to all other providers in the market? Google being da boss, once again?

7. MicrosoftMan January 20, 2008 at 2:09 pm · Reply

I am wondering about this patent. In Austria (not Australia) users from Mobilkom Austria are enabled to transfers money via SMS, WAP or Voice since 2000. As far as I know there is also a patent owned by this company.