Orkut accounts linked to Google accounts

Written by on September 13, 2005 in General - 72 Comments

Orkut users will now all be linked to a google account. All orkut users must now use Google Accounts to sign in. You’ll have to enter your orkut username and password to link your orkut login to your Google Account. Once its done so, you’ll be able to use your Google Account to sign in to orkut and numerous other Google services.

Orkut and google accounts

I think I have already talked about this as what Google is trying to do. From the social network they can know everything about you : age, country, ethnicity, passions, job, … and then linked to the other google services they can know who is searching for what, what interest who … etc ! That’s google and only google can do this !

As you may notice orkut privacy and TOS have changed. The FAQ explain what’s new but don’t seems to say anything. Just mysterious answers, you have to migrate, you have to use google accounts instead of orkut ones, and look to the answer of “Why is orkut migrating to Google Accounts?

A Google Account functions as a master Google login, made up of a single email address and password. By migrating your orkut account to a Google Account, you can use your Google Account to sign in to Google services that support it, such as Google Groups, Gmail, News Alerts, and Froogle.

The answer is to “What is a google account ?” !! Can someone understand anything here ?

72 Comments on "Orkut accounts linked to Google accounts"

1. noor hayat tiwana December 9, 2005 at 7:23 pm · Reply

sir i write my google id and passwor but orkut is rejecting tht can u plz mail me my orkut username and password plz as u mention tht we can use our google id and password but y i am failing to get conected

2. Hatem December 9, 2005 at 8:00 pm · Reply

Hi noor, we are not affiliate service of google.
    But for orkut, you have to login first with your Orkut username, then setup the google account you want to use. Try again it should works.

3. anoop July 11, 2006 at 5:46 am · Reply

sir i have a google id but i can not login to orkut with it so you mail me a invitation of orkut membership please……..

4. subodh July 13, 2006 at 5:11 am · Reply

sir i am uable to open orkut account as i have got information that orkut works on google account but i am unable to get in to that so please send me my orkut_id and password

5. gmail July 18, 2006 at 4:07 pm · Reply

hi……..creat a new orkut informative orkut account with that u will reach to others account.
    By the way if u r intrested to join that u should give ur login and password to complete ur programs…….THANK YOU
    HIfi informative ORKUT accounts

6. somnath September 1, 2006 at 8:39 am · Reply

7. talib September 3, 2006 at 7:19 am · Reply

Greetings,
    Can you please send me an invitation to open a Orkut account
    My Gmail id is : abutalibkarim2gmail.com
    Best Regards.

8. juhi sinha September 15, 2006 at 8:19 am · Reply

i have already made my account in google but i cannot understand how to use orkut.
    so plz reply

9. Hatem September 15, 2006 at 5:31 pm · Reply

Orkut is invite only, find someone you know to invite you.

10. saqib fareed September 16, 2006 at 5:15 pm · Reply

hi sir
    i creat my google accout but i need to orkut account but any one don,t want to send me invitation so i want that u send me the invitation at my email address “zezu_zezu666@yahoo.com” pleaze sir send me the invitation
    thanks
    and bye

11. SALEEM September 22, 2006 at 8:39 am · Reply

Any one plz send me invitation for login to orkut i am waiting for urs goodness

12. subhajit chatterjee October 5, 2006 at 2:17 pm · Reply

hi my name is subhajit chatterjee i m unable to open an accont in orkut plz help me to open a new account

13. honey October 9, 2006 at 7:18 am · Reply

hi

14. tejal October 9, 2006 at 4:56 pm · Reply

sir,
    i enter my email address , and password but it is not opening. can you please send me how to do? or what the problem is?
    waiting for your reply…………

15. Nitheesh October 10, 2006 at 10:25 am · Reply

hi my name is Nitheesh i m unable to open an accont in orkut plz help me to open a new account

16. Hatem October 10, 2006 at 10:43 am · Reply

PLEASE READ MY COMMENT : Orkut is invite only, find someone you know to invite you. Thank you !

17. rahil October 11, 2006 at 6:07 pm · Reply

use the orkut

18. N November 19, 2006 at 6:41 pm · Reply

we can login orkut with https://www.orkut.com???? how can use proxy for login?help us plz

19. N November 19, 2006 at 6:49 pm · Reply

we can not login orkut with https://www.orkut.com???? how can use proxy for login?and say name of anti filter in Iran
    help us plz

20. khalil December 12, 2006 at 5:34 pm · Reply

sir my orkut is again asking me to enter my old orkut user name but i’ve already converted it to a google account and now i’ve forgotten my old orkut user ID how can i get it back?

21. Aamir December 28, 2006 at 6:33 pm · Reply

to whom it may concern:
    dear all!
    I wanna ask u people that in our LAN orkut is blocked and we cann\’t login to Orkut. Can u figure out some way so that orkut login may become possible e.g., use of Proxies etc……
    plz reply to me.

22. Maithri January 13, 2007 at 10:28 am · Reply

I wanna open orkut in my cell.. Plz help and also download google talk in my cell.. Plz help me to do this

23. maithri January 13, 2007 at 11:18 am · Reply

I want to open orkut in my cell.. Plz help me

24. niranjan January 15, 2007 at 7:14 pm · Reply

i m unable to open my id in orkut

25. ayswarya January 19, 2007 at 11:21 am · Reply

sir
    i know my id and password but i cannot aacess my
    account .i do not know my user name and id.please help me

26. ibrar January 23, 2007 at 9:24 am · Reply

i mistankenly connect my google account to another orkut account. due to this now i cn’t access my old orkut profile, and now i’ve forgotten my old orkut user ID which was connected before.
    How i can access the old orkut profile with my same google account. as my profile still existing and i can visit through my friends list.

27. amir*mohammad February 6, 2007 at 3:02 am · Reply

what is U R L

28. Nidhi Arora February 17, 2007 at 5:30 pm · Reply

I made an orkut account but don’t remember my userid and password and not even what secondary id i entered..My profile is there in orkut.,I want to delete that, Plssssssssssssssss help

29. piya kapoor February 19, 2007 at 5:19 pm · Reply

orkut home page is not downloading on my system. what shud i do.plz help

30. Naveen March 2, 2007 at 8:41 am · Reply

I can’t able to acces my orkut profile…

31. Sandeep March 5, 2007 at 12:58 pm · Reply

I HAVE FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD IN ORKUT
    PLEASE DO CORPORate

32. m.mohana sundaram March 7, 2007 at 10:31 am · Reply

sir,
    Recently i have changed my gmail id and deleted the old gmail id.But i have a orkut aacount attached with the old gmail id which i did not want to delete so i connected it with my yahoo account id.
    But now i want to connect my old orkut account with my new gmail Id. How to do this ,what is the procedure for doing this operation. PLEASE HELP ME!

33. uzma March 20, 2007 at 7:25 am · Reply

sir,
    i access my orkut account through my yahoo id but my yahoo and orkut passwords are different.
    sir i recently changed the password to my orkut account but when i tried opening my account using the new password it does not connect.I also tried using my old password bu in vain.
    can you suggest something.
    uzma

34. sushant April 3, 2007 at 5:34 pm · Reply

i have problem in loging orkut.com

35. Subhajit April 10, 2007 at 5:42 pm · Reply

I cannot acceses my google and yahoo account….

36. chiranjeev May 1, 2007 at 6:10 pm · Reply

i cannot access in orkut.I think while making my gmail id some secondary email came in middle,and i changed the password m not able to access please help me please.

37. rs June 8, 2007 at 5:09 am · Reply

i will be list new orkut accont achve

38. da10rock June 14, 2007 at 11:26 pm · Reply

Greetings Genteleman !
    I have two Orkut accounts, the first one is(search word) Dashrath THE ROCK…
    the second is (search word)Dashrath Kshatriya.
    I am able to access the first one but NOT the second.
    My intention is to delete the second account, but I believe that,obviously, unless one can acess
    the account with the username and password, the account cannot be deleted.
    I mostly use same password for ‘any’ account(s), so my question would that is it possible for your ‘Orkut Team’ to help me with just the username of my Orkut’s second account?
    Kind regards
    The Rock

39. Kitty July 7, 2007 at 6:50 am · Reply

Hi
    I had joined orkut like 2 years back and had used my yahoo id at that time.. So it was my yahoo id n password that was serving as my orkut username n password.But now i have got a google account and want to connect this to my orkut profile.. Please tell me if there are any way i can do it

40. nazma August 3, 2007 at 9:57 am · Reply

sir, i dont know wats wrong with ma system…i cant log in thru this sytem
    am entering my username n passwrd ryt..page refreshes and it say to click to continue..then it doesnt wrok..plz help me out..

41. rohan September 15, 2007 at 6:37 am · Reply

i m not able to open my orkut account?
    so what to do?
    my friends can visit my profile but i can’t
    so what to do?

42. Munzir October 2, 2007 at 3:37 am · Reply

hi,
    im munzir . recently i created a yahoo id. unfortunately i forgot da id..is there any way to get it back? so that i can use it to create a google account!!

43. Zohaib October 14, 2007 at 6:55 pm · Reply

hii its joint us

44. jan October 26, 2007 at 5:11 pm · Reply

hi,
    i wanna delete my orkut account.but i don’t wanna give up my gmail id corresponding to that orkut account.what should i do?

45. nitin November 12, 2007 at 11:03 am · Reply

hi i m nitin i can’t access my orkut account some one change my password what can i do.tall me plz…

46. Dhruv Sharma December 24, 2007 at 3:02 pm · Reply

Please help, my orkut home page is not opening on my computer, but on any other computer it is working. The URL is waiting for img3 but it does not go further… Plz help

47. Ann January 5, 2008 at 10:16 am · Reply

I m getting the same problem.. could u pls assist us to come out from this prob??

48. ANNN January 5, 2008 at 10:19 am · Reply

i m getting the same problem :

49. Vijay January 30, 2008 at 4:14 pm · Reply

I have the same problem..after i enter my login information,the page does not load and stops rsponding..can anyone help please?

50. khalid February 16, 2008 at 10:25 pm · Reply

i cannot open my orkut.fist login screen is not appear

51. vanessa February 26, 2008 at 7:49 pm · Reply

nao consigo entrar no meu orkut!!

52. gurdeep February 28, 2008 at 4:22 pm · Reply

my page refreshes and says redirecting microsoft

53. shivika March 20, 2008 at 2:12 pm · Reply

sir, i dont know wats wrong with my system…i cant log in thru this system.
    i am entering my username n passwrd right..& then nothing comes out ,only white screen is there but i m able to open on other system ..plz help me out..

54. Rajesh April 22, 2008 at 12:24 am · Reply

sir, When I logged in Orkut only white screen appears and in the menu it is saying that it is redirecting. But nothing appears, but there is a security issue I think. A lock is appearing on the menu and everytime I log into gmail it is asking for security. A message saying your certificate is expired appears. Please help me out to solve this issue.
    Rajesh

55. ramiz May 1, 2008 at 6:31 am · Reply

heloo my orkut side can’t open it plz this said is open now plz plz my google account open it plz

56. Syed June 23, 2008 at 10:12 pm · Reply

Hi
    Is there any possibility I can access to orkut from UAE.
    Appreciate your help on this…
    Thanks

57. rahul kumar July 2, 2008 at 8:35 am · Reply

hi i m rahul i cant access to orkut account when i m entering my user id & password . my acc is rkumar07@gmail.com

58. shriya July 4, 2008 at 6:15 am · Reply

hello sir,
    i am unable to sign in my orkut account with my google account id.on providing the gmail id and password it asks me to create a new account on orkut but i’ve already got one and i’am unable to access it .please help it out

59. swati July 22, 2008 at 3:13 pm · Reply

Hello Sir,
    I am not able to open my orkut account though I am able to access gmail.All friends can see me online in orkut when I login to gmail but when I try to login to orkut it asks to create a new account so finally I did in hope of getting back my account but it created a completely new profile which I do not wish to take.So I deleted that new orkut account. Can you pls help me get back my old orkut account?

60. swati July 23, 2008 at 6:40 am · Reply

plszzzzz help :(

61. prashant July 25, 2008 at 9:15 am · Reply

yes,Im also facing the same problem as swati is facing…..actully i had opened the gmail in my office computer and I dint log out from it.again I tried to open the orkut account from my home but Instead it was opening the page to create new orkut profile and I created profile which is the new one(did not contain the old friend list),on next day in the office i tried to open the same orkut profile but it dint got opened.
    wat could be the problem?Pl help me in opening the old orkut prfile

62. Ani July 29, 2008 at 6:01 am · Reply

Hello Sir,
    thanks
    ani

63. sahil August 17, 2008 at 11:32 am · Reply

dear add me in your id
    thank
    sahil

64. sandeep August 30, 2008 at 12:40 pm · Reply

sir
    i m unable my orkut accont on my cell what should i do whem i use my orkut only half page open

65. manish choudhury September 6, 2008 at 6:25 pm · Reply

i cannot open the orkut page frm my PC.Each time to open the orkut page the reply is the page canot be displayed.Its a PC and hence not on ne network.Pls help

66. abhishek October 18, 2008 at 11:21 am · Reply

i deleted my orkut profile 3 months back. but now when i again made my new profile on the same google account my previous profile again got activated due to which i m unable to join the communities which i had previosly joined and i m gettin a msg dat “u r already a member” but i cant access my older profile. now when ppl send scrap or frnd request den i get a notification on my new pro but i cant see dem when i sign in.
    link to older pro http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Profile.aspx?uid=3778546762268324546
    link to new pro http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Profile.aspx?uid=1059750400330197248

67. tirupatirao October 22, 2008 at 8:36 am · Reply

hi

68. jai rathore October 25, 2008 at 12:28 am · Reply

i forgot my orkut id,can i get it back

69. faisal November 10, 2008 at 3:29 pm · Reply

hello sir, my name is faisal,
    whenever i open my orkut site……..it shows a box which says that you have invalid or wrong certificate.i ve been trying this for so many day……….please guide me!

70. angelangel May 28, 2009 at 6:33 am · Reply

i want to open my orkutacc but i cant open

71. mak September 30, 2009 at 4:02 pm · Reply

hello sir…when i logged to my orkut account through my yahoo id…it asked to convert it into gmail id…and by mistake i clicked yes…then my orkut id is converted to gmail id bt i forgot that id…now in help center its not working…can u please help me out its really important for me….please help me out….plz plz plz…..

72. sagar jain December 14, 2009 at 10:22 am · Reply

i have accepted a new orkut account … that is not opening in full view in an mobile so want to come back to my old orkut account ……….. so give me procedure to come back to my old ones send procedure on my email site ……………shaggy.virgin@gmail.com mine password is 9844982676